Finally...Mark is coming home tonight! It's been 6 full days of single parenting and the ending wasn't quite as pretty as the start. Sawyer treated me to a no-nap, whiny Saturday which wasn't pretty. While she got better both Sunday and Monday, it's tough to forget the pain we endured on Saturday! I have much respect for people who raise kids on their own, but thank my lucky stars that Mark and I are very much a team in raising Sawyer. I won't dwell on the details of the weekend because they aren't overly exciting but Sawyer did score her first ever piece of electronics. Girl is the proud owner of a mini DVD player for use during our upcoming drives to Buffalo, Scranton, and future drives to Michigan. May it make all our rides more enjoyable. Because I'm a sucker I also let her get a new video - what can I say - the girl doesn't have an Elmo video...and I couldn't come up with an argument why she shouldn't get it.
Other than that and the playground we kept it pretty close to home. Sawyer likes me to carry her these days up/down the stairs, and sometimes further...and well, she's a good 30lbs so add that to my weight gain and three flights up/down are more a pain than anything. Despite staying home, Sawyer showed me what a great player she has become. She spends a lot of time playing with her Fisher Price house and the people. She talks the whole time, often bossing them around telling them to go to bed, wash their hands, go to the potty, etc. I love listening to it.
Sawyer and I spent a good amount of time on Skype this weekend too. My cousins were at my parents house and so we talked to them twice. I think they enjoyed watching Sawyer play, and she's still talking about Maggie and Max. They made quite the impression on her - tonight she added Maggie to her prayers and said God Bless Maggie. We don't have anything set for prayers, I just ask her who she wants to bless and she goes through whoever comes to mind. Usually she does herself, me, and Mark, but after that it's a crapshoot - the other night she blessed french fries and milk.
Last but not least, my favorite new thing Sawyer does...she puts her animals in timeout. Sawyer was put in timeout about 10 times on Saturday, primarily for throwing dirt from my plants. I now know something stuck in her head because the last two nights she's put several animals in timeout. She gets down on the floor and says things like - listen to me, listen to my words, you need to be good, don't get up yet, sit down, turn around. Honestly, it's hysterical to watch her do this and I can't wait for Mark to get home to see it. When I asked if the animals could come play she said "No Mom, they need to stay on the black square."
No comments:
Post a Comment