Mark and I have spent our fair share of time with Sawyer this week. Our girl woke up on Wednesday at around 10pm and it was clear something was wrong. She had a hoarse voice the few days before so I can't say it was unexpected but our girl was burning up and just crying. We ended up cooling her down a bit and calming her down and spent the night together in our room. I'd say we easily each only got 2-3 hours of sleep that night. As a result, I stayed home with Sawyer on Thursday and Mark on Friday. We think she's on the mend though her fever is off and on. Despite that she's been in pretty good spirits, albeit a little whiny.
She still loves to help making dinner...loves to transfer veggies from the cutting board to bowls/pans...and loves to stir anything.
She's been reading lots of books and loves when I lay a blanket down for her on the floor to relax on.
Has even spent some time coloring.
Sawyer's language skills continue to amaze us. She sings her ABC's, counts to 15 or 20 (depending on the day), and has an incredible repertoire of songs that she knows by heart. We struggle to remember songs to teach her. Mark sang her Jimmy Crackcorn the other day, and no surprise she's started asking us to sing "Corn" to her, and has already started to learn it. I sang her a part of a Sound of Music Song - Greta's "the sun has gone to bed" part, and she asks for it again and again. Our favorite part about her skills though is she's speaking in full on sentences, and sometimes they just seem so funny and perceptive. For example, she told me "Mommy's laughing at the TV" yesterday, which I was. This morning I was sitting on the couch post breakfast, and Sawyer comes over, crawls up on my lap, and says "What do you want to do?" Clearly part of it is the tone in which she says it, but really? I know she must have learned the phrase from me but it was so perfectly timed. Another fave, albeit pretty basic, is "How we doin?" My dad says this, and she says it just like him. We honestly can't remember ever teaching this to her, but again the tone and timing are just like my dad that the few times it's happened Mark and I can't help but laugh.
As for whether Sawyer's going to be ready for a new sister, jury is still out, but she's taken a special interest in some of her dolls and has really started to get into playing with people and animals in her toy house. She feeds her baby, rocks her, sings her songs, pretends to change her diaper, and comforts her (it's ok baby, it's ok, i got you). This is her hamming it up when I told her to say cheese for a picture with her baby. When she plays with her house she will just sit there and have conversations or sing songs. As I was writing this she made a few of the animals sit on the potty, and told them to "wash your hands".
As for news on the housefront, here's a not so clear picture of the front (i took this from mls, forgot our camera both days we saw it). We believe we'll close sometime between September 15 - 24th. Working through some last minute details and getting financing all set up, but already I have a running list in my head of "things I can't wait for". At the top of that list is not having to walk/carry Sawyer up three flights of stairs and only having to walk 15 ft to bring groceries into the kitchen. May seem silly but despite loving our condo for the six years we've been here, I know beyond a doubt now that I'm ready for something new.

No comments:
Post a Comment