Wednesday began my adventure in single parenting. Mark left at the crazy hour of 4am to catch his plane out to Portland and I imagine is hiking away on Mount Hood as I write this. I'm sure he's having a great time, but I have to say I don't realize how much we talk each day (even just on the computer) until he's away. I am already looking forward to him calling tomorrow when he and friends return to civilization for a few nights of fun in Portland.
I've mentioned several times on this blog that Sawyer worships her Dad, and so on Wednesday morning it took only about 25 seconds before she was asking where he was. We have since discussed that he went on the airplane, to which she always responds, "but mommy will stay and play". We've had a relatively uneventful time of it. With the exception of being sent to the black square (the area in front of our fireplace) for time out a few times she's been pretty darn good to me. It's just a bit more tiring when her attention can only be turned to me. For my part, I've been using the time after she goes to bed to get caught up on work. As some of you may know I took a different job at my company recently and so I've been trying to get off with the old and on with the new, which has taken more energy than anticipated. On that front, having Mark away has made me put in some much needed extra time, which I guess is a good thing.
We don't have much planned for the weekend. Having lunch with a friend, and thought perhaps I'd take my girl out for brunch tomorrow. Maybe going to hit up the store to treat my friend to a mini-DVD player for our two upcoming long car trips. Mark has sufficiently planned for me to have some of "my" netflix movies while he's gone, and we got a free movie from our cable so looks like i'll have plenty to keep me occupied once my munchkin goes to bed. I don't know if she's still getting over her cold or what, but our girl has been a machine on the sleep front these last two days. She's back pushing almost 12 hours so I've had to wake her up both mornings AFTER already letting her sleep in. I snapped this picture yesterday morning because she looks just like Mark when he falls asleep on the floor watching tv...stretched out on stomach, hands under belly...
We're still moving forward on the house front. I was out in the new hood this week checking out daycare places, and did stop by to get a proper photo of the new digs. This will hopefully be our home for a very long time. We haven't picked a closing date yet, but I anticipate we'll be in by end of September due to the switching of Sawyer-care. Can't believe we're going to have all this space!
No comments:
Post a Comment