Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and family! While we had a gloriously relaxing day by ourselves this year, we definitely missed seeing everyone...well we think we missed you - we're definitely thankful for you, but god it was nice not traveling for once and being in our own home this holiday! We spent half the day in our jammies and had a fire rolling by 10am. I took these two pictures as we had a few quiet moments where everyone was just kind of chilling.
While we're usually dressed relatively early in the morning, today we let Sawyer hang in her monkey pj's till we went out on a walk around 11. Since it was only about 30 degrees out today her and I bundled up and got a little bit of fresh air before her lunch/nap. Turns out it did her real well because she passed out while we were out walking - took me a few minutes to realize she was no longer talking back to me.
We didn't have a very complex Thanksgiving menu, and with only three people in attendance, there wasn't a whole lot of needed preparation. I picked up a few flowers and put out some holiday colored placemats which made it feel a bit more special than normal. Sawyer's favorite part was the pumpkin candles and being able to use real cloth napkins - like a grown up she kept it on her lap throughout her dinner which I found quite cute.
Since this was my first real cooking of a turkey and big Thanksgiving dinner, I took a picture. What can I say we've traveled for EVERY holiday over the last ten years (you're welcome) and have never needed to cook a turkey before. I'm quite happy with how it turned out and give my mom a shout out for the on-phone support. Clearly I bought a little bit bigger turkey than needed, but I have planned for turkey paninis and turkey noodle soup for lunch tomorrow - the broth is cooking as I write - so it will not go to waste.
Our spread...yes, we have a good amount of leftovers for the rest of the weekend.
In all seriousness, we do have a lot to be thankful for this year, and don't underestimate it. With a happy and healthy girl, babe #2 on the way, and a new house, our little family has had more than our fair share of good fortune. I have to admit, at one point on Wednesday night I started to become quite nervous that we were going to have a Thanksgiving baby. Not that this would have been a bad thing, but while we have such great friends who have offered to help us with Sawyer when this baby does decide to arrive, I would have felt AWFUL if I had to make someone's holiday more stressful by adding our little 2 year old to it. At any rate the contractions I've been having are only consistent for a short time and then subside. So baby watch continues. I'm technically due in two days, so maybe this girl just wants to be punctual.
Random picture of Sawyer - I snapped it because Sawyer was on her 3rd clementine orange in about 5 minutes. She is such a strange little bird whose tastes really vary over time. She seems to have a favorite food that she can't get enough of for a period of time, and I think we may have just moved to the next - clementines. She did this with blueberries, bananas, apples, etc. She'll insist on multiple servings a day. I bought a box of clementines yesterday and she had three before dinner. She woke up this morning and had three more. No more will Mark complain that I buy these and don't finish a box. At this rate, I'm going to need more before the weekend is over.
Not much else to report for us. Mark and I are going to try and alternate getting out of the house tomorrow for some relaxation - pedicure for me, movie for him. There's also some fun events in our town we may pop around for should this baby not arrive - there's the tree lighting tomorrow at dusk and then sunday there's carolers and Santa in town. Sawyer has shown a serious interest in Christmas trees, but I'm not sure what she'll think of Santa just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment