We spent the weekend relatively low key with my cousin Caroline coming to visit for a night and just general odds and ends around the house. Though Friday's dinner she was pretty quiet, as soon as we got home, Sawyer warmed up to Caroline quickly - wanting to show her her toys, her room, and to help her put her jammies on. I'm still baffled by how Caroline slept through Sawyer's morning routine - she wakes up yelling to Mark/I to get her out of bed, and then proceeds to spend the morning playing - loudly. On this particular morning she got put into time out for coloring on some non-paper objects and spent a good portion of the time crying because of it, but girl was able to sleep right through it.
Don't have many pictures as of late, but I did snap Sawyer in her favorite spot - on the kitchen island counter. She helps me cook pretty much everything, and nibbles while she does it. If I try to deny her from getting on the counter she freaks. If I don't let her help, she freaks. Hence - we believe she'll be getting a play kitchen for Christmas. She loves the one at her daycare, so seems like she'd enjoy and we actually have space for it. On this night we were making soup, so in addition to snacking on the carrots and celery she also downed an entire container of raspberries. Sawyer put everything in the pot with the exception of the garlic and onions - my call because she's always touching her eyes, not for lack of trying.
Not a whole lot else to report right now. We'll keep you posted...
No comments:
Post a Comment