Saturday, February 5, 2011

Houston, We Have a Problem

You probably all think I'm referring to the big snow storm we had in Chicago this week, but you would be wrong.  My problem is far bigger than two feet of snow.  Isla had been sleeping really well at night - 8/9pm till about 4/5am and then up to eat once and back to sleep till 7am or so.  All of that has changed in the last three days and she's been up 4 times a night to eat and another handful of times where she just cries for her binky.  Can I get a collective, "What the f?" (that's as clean as I can keep it people).  Once you start to see the promiseland of sleep returning, it sucks having it ripped out of your hands.  I'm hoping it's just been the cold Isla seems to have picked up and we'll be back to normal soon.

Isla smiling in her sleep (she often giggles or smiles in her sleep).
So with that said, we did have a rather big snow storm here this week.  We had about 18 hours of straight snow, thunder and lightning, and whiteouts from the 50 mph winds.  It meant that we were all together at home on Wednesday, and that I kept Sawyer home an extra day on Thursday.  Though her daycare was open, Isla had an appt with a pediatric cardiologist to check her heart murmur, and I wasn't going to be able to make it to both ontime with the roads as they were.  Sawyer was less than helpful during the appointment, which included a rather long ultrasound of Isla's heart, but we made it through and Isla received a clean bill of health, albeit with what we're told is a benign murmur.  After that appt it was clear I needed to find a way for Sawyer to burn some energy so in true suburbs fashion we hit up McD's for some Playland time.  Though at one point it seemed I was going to have to rescue her from getting lost in the maze, she eventually found her way out.  I can count on one hand the times that Sawyer has ever been to a McD's - having only eaten the bun of her cheeseburger and some ketchup from her Happy Meal, I now know why.

Naptime on the Boppy
Things returned to normal on Friday and Isla and I had the day to ourselves.  After a nice nap we hit up the mall.  As you can see, she had on a brown shirt and some ivory corduroys.  Despite the pink trim and bow on her shirt, every single person who said something thought she was a boy!  Boo - my girl looks so cute in brown.  She did score a frilly little purple sundress for the summer so perhaps one day people will believe she's a girl.  Sawyer also scored some new clothes for fall, including a camo green jacket that I love.
Not a whole lot else to report. Sawyer slept in today till 9:30am, which would have been awesome Pre-Isla but the two didn't coordinate for us. It did give us a very happy and relatively well-behaved girl for the day which was nice.  At naptime her and Mark fell asleep together in our bed - I got no pictures because Isla was sleeping on my lap - and she awoke with this gloriously curly hair.  Don't mind the puss face, it takes her a few minutes to warm up after a really deep sleep.

Before I forget, Isla had her two month doctor appointment on Monday.  She weighs in at 11 lb 13 oz and is 23 inches long.  If memory serves that was 75% for height, and 50% for weight.  Aside from getting VERY angry when she was given four vaccinations all was good. 

No comments: