I actually walked into the classroom and all the kids had these on and were getting a picture taken. It was the cutest thing ever. The good news is that Sawyer never caught Isla's virus and Isla was basically totally fine on Friday. She had a few scabs on her hands but other than that I think she's fine. It turns out Isla also likely has allergies. When we were at the pediatrician she put her on Zyrtec due to some multi-week congestion...and I'm thinking the diagnosis was right because three days on Zyrtec and she's no longer a faucet. Anyway, I digress.
On Saturday, we played with bubbles from about the time we woke up, baked some soft pretzels, and dyed our Easter eggs. Isla really just ended up watching, but Sawyer loved it and basically turned her hands blue.
She preferred to use her hands to dip all the eggs.
We ended up going to our friends' house on Saturday afternoon to play in their new sandbox and ended up staying quite late. It was really fun as the kids get along so well...and the adults do too! We need Isla to get about 6 months older before she's fully in the mix with them, but she managed to keep herself occupied and stayed up 2 hours past her bedtime.
You might think this would cause her to sleep in - it did not. She woke up bright and early though did wait for Sawyer before she dug into her Easter basket. Each got bunny ears. Isla totally dug her mini Reese's cups. She kept bringing them to me and saying more so that I'd open them for her. Sawyer finished most of her candy (thankfully I didn't buy that much) before about 11am. I didn't even realize she'd ate her bunny.
At any rate, it was really nice in Chicago today so we wore some new dresses from Grandma, and even tried to snap a few pics out in the yard. I tried to get one of both together but it just wasn't going to work, so I'll settle for separates.
Isla wasn't feeling it at all - she wouldn't look at me or give up her binky.
She much preferred playing with her bubbles on the deck.
The dresses didn't last too long. Didn't make it to lunch even. We started cleaning up the deck furniture and Sawyer insisted on helping. I pretty much knew immediately that dress was going to get wet. She did do a great job cleaning that chair though. She kept telling us she's doing her cleaning project....our girl loves a "project".
Isla didn't want to sit on the sidelines so we used one of Grandma's tried and true activities and gave Isla a bucket of water with some measuring cups. This occupied her for quite a while, though she too eventually soaked herself and needed a new outfit before lunch/nap.
Ultimately both girls needed a long nap due to our late night the evening before. Sawyer went down perfectly because we told her the Easter bunny was coming back to deliver her eggs. Several hours later she was racing around the backyard in search of eggs. It was pretty comical as she was very excited with every egg she found - screaming what color she found.
Very happy about one of her finds.
Isla didn't totally get the exercise, but Mark and her walked around picking up a few eggs. She was far more interested in finding one and then eating all of the M&M's out of it before proceeding.
In fact, they both did. All eggs were emptied and eaten before we even went inside.
I did make a pretty good meal for Easter dinner (if I do say so myself) but it's always too much food! I bought a small ham this year and I still have a plate leftover, in addition to a plate of potatoes, and deviled eggs. Oh well, guess that'll be lunch for tomorrow...and every day this week. Despite the cute looking pictures I think I got over the course of the weekend, these girls can definitely test our wits, and were not making it easy on me while I was making dinner. Therefore, no pictures of our Easter feast. I often think I should snap a few of my many creations, but usually I get so frustrated with them that those last five minutes are highly stressful and I'm just trying to get everyone sitting with food in front of them at the table. Someday I'll get that mastered. For now, it's time for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment