Friday, April 6, 2012

Infected

The house has been infected.  I got a call from daycare on Wednesday that someone in Isla's class had been out for the hand, foot, and mouth virus and Isla was showing symptoms...i.e. gross little sores on her hands, feet, and inside her mouth.  I heard and immediately felt the heebie jeebies all over my body.  So I picked up both girls early, hit up the pediatrician, and came home for an afternoon of playing.

We played with silly putty and play doe...
Played with bubbles outside...
Isla got into the action too - she kind of looks like she's about to huff and puff and blow the house down
But ended up just sputtering...
She doesn't really look sick, in fact I'm not sure she knows she is.  It doesn't seem to bother her at all.  I think because she seems to have a minor case - her mouth is largely unaffected.  So she's really just been running around here playing.
I love these two pictures because in one Sawyer is down, and in the other Isla is.  They were running back and forth between Mark and I.
Because these sores take about 4-5 days to go away, I was home with the girls again today.  This does not mean that my work has gone away.  In fact, I'm up against a deadline next Tuesday so I've primarily been dealing with emails over my phone, and working at night from 9-1am.  I know, not great, but it also means I'm wired right now, and hence a mid-week post. 

Sawyer with her pony in....her hair is getting thicker and longer...
We took a walk around town, went to the bank, picked up some bunny cookies from the bakery, played, read lots of books, went out for dinner.  It was a pretty busy day actually considering the "illness".  But when you have a girl that won't even sit down when she eats, you have to keep her moving just to entertain her.
As for me, I suppose it's time to head off to bed.  I thought we'd all sleep in this morning but of course Isla woke up just as Mark was leaving for an early train.  They went to bed slightly later than normal tonight so I'm crossing my fingers for an 8am wakeup.  We don't have anything planned for tomorrow, though I realized today that we have no food for Easter dinner, Isla doesn't have an Easter basket, we have no eggs/dye, and we ate half the candy I did buy already (which wasn't much).  So perhaps we have a little shopping trip to do in the morning.  On a side note, I ran 4.25 miles today.  I'm working my way up to a 10 mile race in about two months.  Afterwards, Sawyer and I did some yoga and stretching.  She is so funny and insisted on showing me her "moves" which she learned from Bobby Bear, who goes to her school.  She kept telling me to reach for the sun, and then bring it back down to earth...got a little chuckle out of that from our budding aerobics instructor.

No comments: