So I took a bit of an unplanned break from blogging. Just realized it had been about two weeks since the last update. I am pretty sure it's because last weekend we had stuff planned Friday night, Saturday and Sunday and it just never really got fit in. This weekend was the complete opposite with not a thing planned.
But I'll backtrack. So Friday night wasn't exactly anything fun - we were just closing on our refinance, but give that a little checkmark because it's officially done. Wasn't without drama but I'll spare you the details. On Saturday, I had some time to myself and headed downtown to meet some ladies for tea at the Peninsula. This was my first official afternoon tea experience. Brunch is very much my thing, but this was a new experience. It was quite fun, although certainly not an every week thing. You each get your own pot of tea and a tower of finger foods and desserts. Plus we added some rose champagne which was super. On Sunday, the whole family got in on the action and we headed out to the north shore suburbs to Jeff & Julie's friends house for brunch and playing. Was super fun - Aimee and Jon were there with their kids, and Sawyer was very excited to see Reese. She's such a stinker though b/c she talked about her for two days before we went, and then took awhile to warm up. Don't worry she adjusted and was then quite sad to go home.
This was the scene in our car within about three minutes, so Mark and I took advantage and drove ourselves around the North Shore to look at all the amazing houses. Loved them.
This just can't be comfortable, but no matter how many times I pushed her back she kept flopping back over.
This weekend was total opposite. We had nothing planned and just relaxed, did some cooking, and random errands. This picture should give you a pretty good idea:
Actually, the weekend had a bit of an auspicious start. We played musical beds on Friday night. We all started in our own, but Isla woke up several times Friday night. She was so loud she woke Sawyer up, who made her way into my spot in bed while I was rocking Isla. Super - she would not even make a space for me when I tried to push her over, so I hit up Sawyer's bed. Isla woke up a few more times and eventually ended up in Sawyer's bed with me. Mark somehow slept through this all, so he woke up with Sawyer next to him, and found Isla and I sharing a twin bed in Sawyer's room. Ha - atleast we all slept in a little.
Sawyer and I had a nice little afternoon together on Saturday despite all that. She's had a bit of a growth spurt and most of her pants are now floods and her shirts are just getting a bit on the small side. So she needed a shopping spree and I have to say, I envision many fun future shopping trips - especially because any time you ask her if we should buy something she says yes, let's buy that. In fact, anything she sees that she likes she tells me to buy. Thankfully, I'm quite particular about what I buy for her so she didn't get everything she wanted. She had so much to say throughout the day, and had me laughing quite a bit. She was hungry almost immediately upon arriving at the mall, and so we split a pretzel and a lemonade. By the time we got to the last store she was also tired and laid herself out on the floor of Macy's kids department, so I bribed her with a stop at Macy's candy counter, where she appropriately selected the swedish fish, just like her momma would have. Even though she made me carry her the whole way out, she kept singing "potbelly's" over and over again because she wanted to go there for lunch, and so I pretty much giggled along the way.
Not too much to write home about other than that. A few random thoughts - Sawyer is in a super imaginative stage right now. She makes up words, songs, stories. Tonight she decided her name was Mr John, and John was in kindergarden, and she got some bags together to go away to school, and kept calling me John's mom. She also pretty much didn't stop talking for 2 hours straight. Isla, on the other hand, is extremely goofy. Any question you ask her she responds no to, she communicates all sorts of silly things with her eyes, and is starting to speak more and more. She now can hug and kiss us - even patting your back when she hugs you. It melts my heart.


No comments:
Post a Comment