Sunday, April 1, 2012

Just Hanging Around

Was it really only a week ago that we were in Florida?  Feels like longer than that.  It definitely took the whole week for the family to get back on track and as a result we've had a lot of down time.  Isla was struggling not just with some post-vacation blues, but she FINALLY got one of her front bottom teeth.  The pediatrician wasn't lying when she said this was an "extremely unusual" sequence to get teeth.  Her top teeth are all in, including molars.  She has one bottom molar already, but up until this week had nothing else on the bottom.  What can I say - Isla, you are the cutest jack-o-lantern I've ever seen.  That said, I think the bottom four are all on their way because her gums are super swollen and she's drooling up a storm, and the girl was just having trouble sleeping all week.  She did get back on track with sleeping this weekend and gave us two 12+ hour nights, and two ~4 hour naps...I was loving it!
The weather hasn't been great since we've been home - it got a bit chilly here in Chicago again, but despite that our tulips have bloomed.  Hopefully the chill won't kill them b/c I may just cut a few for Easter dinner.  When it is nice out the girls usually want to be outside.  I can't say it enough that Isla LOVES to be outdoors.  She gets her sneakers out of the basket and brings them to us multiple times a day, and then grabs your fingers and drags you to the door.  Subtlety isn't her thing.  It's good though because it doesn't allow us to waste away the day inside.  Today, her and I took a walk on our own which was nice.
We do our best to corral them in the backyard (with the help of the fence) but both seem to prefer playing out in the front where Isla usually makes a break for the street numerous times.  This weekend they played pretty well together.  At the very least I see glimpses of how it could be. 
Almost angelic looking it seems...
However, Sawyer often gets a little too clingy with her sister which typically ends this way...

No comments: