As far as the girls go, they also seem to be excited for a new sister. Isla doesn't totally understand, but does like that we're talking more about letting her move into Sawyer's room to sleep. I think in the next month we'll give it a shot on the weekend and see how it works. Sawyer seems most excited by the new baby. She looks at kid catalogs and circles things we should buy for the new baby, and makes other nice comments. She even picked out a little rocking horse for her at the antique store at our hotel this weekend, which we bought and brought home. I think Sawyer will definitely be more prepared when the baby arrives - Isla gets a lot of love these days and often wiggles her way onto my lap when Sawyer is there, knocking her off, and I think she'll be surprised when there's someone else taking up my time as well. Almost makes me sad thinking about it - Isla is so sensitive, not in a bad way, in a very caring way, that I don't want to think about her having her feelings hurt.
Not really many pictures to share from the last few days. But after our quick trip to/back from Michigan this past weekend our girls were exhausted. They were up till 11:30pm on Friday night and woke up fairly early, coupled with a lot of running around, and both were well below the sleep hours they needed. Isla slept 13 hours Saturday night and then took a nap Sunday on Sawyer's bed. When I went to wake her up she was the cutest little bug that I ran and got the camera quick.
Sadly, my picture doesn't even do it justice.
One final thought before I'm back to work. I really am excited to see what this baby is going to look like, or who she may look like. Sawyer and Isla are similar, yet so different, and Isla looks nothing like her baby pictures anymore. In fact, I was on the phone with my mom this morning and she was trying to figure out who a picture was, and it was Isla with a pudgy little face - I often look at the same one in our family room and think how different she looks now. So we will anxiously be looking to meet this third girl and see if she's like one of her sisters or another original.
No comments:
Post a Comment