Happy New Year! 2012 was a good year for us, and I hope 2013 will be as well. I think it's easy to get bogged down in the day to day, but really when I look back we've had more than our share of good fortune as it relates to health, happiness, etc. We look for this to only continue, and even get better in 2013 with a new babe on the way. Personally, I'm not really making any sort of resolutions but generally I would like to be more patient and strict (contradiction?) with my children so that their listening improves, and the times when my patience is tested decreases. I'd also like for Mark and I to make more time for ourselves. We got out for dinner/movie last weekend, and did errands/had lunch on NYE and I think it's good for us to have some regular time away from our kids. Sadly, we go months in between nights out together and I think the whole family would benefit if we did it more often. Finally, I have a lot to accomplish at work before this baby arrives, and I'm hoping I can stay focused.
Today is actually the first day for Mark and I fully back at work and it's a bit hard to get fully back into the swing. The whole family is battling colds and Mark and I are seemingly just getting to the worst of it. So NYE was spent pretty low key on the couch. I fell asleep prior to midnight and missed the NYC ball drop festivities but woke up before Chicago hit midnight, not that we had any sort of celebration. Plus, we didn't keep our girls up - they went to bed at normal times and really weren't the wiser that it was a special day. We did get out of the house on New Year's Day, and Sawyer thought she looked pretty darn special. She told me to take her picture and text it to Grandma so she could see, and this was the pose she gave me.
Other photos from the last few days...Isla playing hide and seek with Mark. Essentially this involves them taking turns hiding behind the kitchen island and then the other coming to find them. Isla makes the best faces when she finds Mark. He tried to capture it - and while blurry - you can see how happy she gets.
Both girls got haircuts last Friday before heading into the new year. Can't say Sawyer really needed it or you can see a big difference now - it's amazing how curly hair hides the need for a cut. However, Isla's bangs were getting long and she was starting to sprout a tail in the back so it was time to go. Here's a picture of her cute little bob. The sides are almost fully grown out and so we cut it short to try and level it all out.
Finally, this break provided us some much needed downtime. The temps are very cold outside which makes playing outdoors minimal and short-lived if we do go. Rather, both cuddled into their sleeping bags for a movie the other night...
And now, time to get to that work. We have a busy week ahead of us, with our 20 week ultrasound, hopefully some recovery from our colds, and likely a trip to Michigan in our future to say goodbye to Mark's Grandma.

No comments:
Post a Comment