We recently had our 4 month old and 5 year old doctor appointments. Sawyer is a healthy girl and came in at about the same height and weight. I think she is either 43 or 44 inches tall, and weighed in at 43 lbs. She also got three shots and is still talking about it - the girl howled like you wouldn't believe. Margot, Sawyer's twin, also did great. She came in at a very healthy 24 1/2 inches, and a whopping 16+ lbs. She's basically 50% for height and about 95% for weight. The doctor loved all her wonderful rolls and gave her a clean bill of health as well. It seems we may actually have a kid without excema as well which would be amazing.
Since then not a lot to report. To be honest, my mind is a bit blank altogether right now so clearly in need of a good night sleep. There are three things that I can think of from the last week or so though:
- Isla and Sawyer came with me when I got my flu shot. They were both supposed to get theirs too, but Sawyer wimped out and wouldn't get anything. I gave her a pass because she can go back with Mark this week. Isla agreed to get hers, and even told the women she wanted the shot, and not the mist up her nose. That girl is far more brave than her sister. She got her flu shot while holding my hand, and didn't make a peep. I told her she should be a doctor someday, but she said no. She did tell me maybe she'd be a nurse, so we'll see.
- Margot slept through the night once this past week. Once we found out she was 16 lbs the doctor told us we could try and limit her eating at night. It works sometimes, and others not so much. But one night last night she went to bed a little later and slept all the way till 7am. It was the longest I've slept since before she was born, and I can't wait to get back to it again. We've been getting better at letting her cry at night, letting her put herself back to sleep, but it's almost a game. Either way I hope a month from now I can firmly say she's sleeping 12 hours a night.
- And lastly, our girl Sawyer continues to love her school. We all went over on Friday afternoon because there was a fun run...promoting healthy habits and all. They had a loop - the little kids ran 1/2 mile, and the older kids a mile. I had agreed to run with Sawyer but the girl is a total stinker. We got to the line right as they told the Kindergartners/Pre-K's to go. We started, but Sawyer went off at a sprint away from me. I caught up with the girl but it was a game for a good while where she thought we were playing chase. She would then walk, totally out of breath and with a pain in her side until she decided it was time to sprint again. So we did the 1/2 mile that way - walk, sprint, walk, sprint. We finished rather quickly and I learned that Isla was upset we left her. Mark said she tried to run after us for about 100 ft, but I had no idea. So I scooped Isla up and took her about 30 ft from the finish line and we ran together through the flagged finish line. She seemed happy about that.
And now, some pictures from the last two weeks. Margot loving on George. Our girl grabs onto everything now. She was playing on the floor and would giggle when she was cuddling George.
New in the last week is that Sawyer likes to hold Margot while standing up. Margot is substantial enough now that she's got the head control, so I let Sawyer hold her for a minute or two and they both love it.We're starting to read to Margot a bit more and she seems to like the books. It's actually a great activity to have Sawyer and Isla do with her. They pick books they kind of know and point out the pictures to her. Here's Sawyer and Margot reading this weekend on the couch.
And today we put on some Halloween clothes. You can't really see Isla's Boo-tiful shirt, but she looks cute holding her pumpkin of a sister. We made it outside a couple times and it's feeling like Fall these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment