Hard to believe that we have a 5 month old now. Margot is getting so big. The girl eats like no other, and we recently had to get the rice cereal and baby food in the house because she's so interested in it. Case and point - we took the girls to McDonalds last week after our pictures. Margot typically sits on my lap and reaches for anything and everything. On this day she set her mind out to get a french fry. I know...smart girl...and clearly like her momma. She got one and put it right into her mouth. Mark and I just kind of stared because we hadn't given her anything other than milk and rice cereal at this point and knew we needed to take it away, but she loved it. She sucked on that thing until it started to break apart, and we took it away - choking hazard and all. Thought it was a fluke but she did the same thing this week with a pretzel, grabbed it, right to the mouth and cried like no other when we took it away. Soon enough girl. I have a feeling pretzel rods are going to be on the grocery list soon.
Anyway, Margot is also getting to be so much more interested in playing. She usually spends time every day in her exersaucer and has yet to get tired of it. Here she is showing some pretty good concentration.
Also last weekend we carved the first of our 5 pumpkins. Sawyer had been asking for pumpkin seeds, which who can blame her, so we decided to carve it. Mark cut the top off for her and helped start the scooping process, but she finished it up and then helped me go through and pick out all the seeds. A far cry from last year when she didn't want to touch it.
The rest of these are some random pictures. Both Sawyer and Isla love to hang on Margot, which is met with different reactions each time. Margot seems to love watching her sisters but when they get too grabby with her she lets them know she's not happy.
Check out that budda. Would you believe this is her slimmed down look?
More importantly our girl is starting to sit up more. I usually through the boppy behind her so that it catches her, but that's needed less and less. She usually spends a lot of time bent over as if she's kissing her toes - amazing flexibility - and can now start to pull herself back up.
I envision her saying, "Mom, why won't she stop touching me?" in this picture...
Isla is usually just happy around her sister though. I can't say we love all the baby talk she throws around, but hopefully that'll get better.
More importantly on Isla, she learned how to ride a big girl bike recently. She has inherited Sawyer's old bike and LOVES it. She is really quite good on the bike and would ride it every day if she could. I'm pretty sure she was out there three different times today alone.
About to start up the hill on the sidewalk.
Peddling happily...
Isla looks so cute in these pictures. Now if I can just figure out how to get her to stop whining. This girl talks normally to Mark but the minute she sees me or talks to me she's all about a whiny baby voice. It may be driving me crazy. She can be so fun and loving, and I'm not loving the habits that she's picked up from Sawyer.
I do however love this face...
She needed to enjoy a little fresh air today as well. Sawyer was at school and I wanted a picture of Isla on the bike before I headed off to the store and then I realize Margot is looking adorable too. We just had professional pictures done, which I'm sure will look great, but sometimes I see some of these and think they're pretty darn good too.
A close up of those lovely little cheeks...
No comments:
Post a Comment