Sunday, October 13, 2013

Happy 35 to Mark

So today we celebrated Mark's 35th birthday - Happy Birthday to him!  He went away on Friday and spent two nights in Michigan at his brother's place, and went to a Michigan State game with his whole family so it was just me and the ladies this weekend.  We had ourselves a pretty good time, though there was rain on Saturday so we were a bit cooped up.  I was also kind of relishing the idea of a nice big bed to myself but ended up having Sawyer with me both nights.  That girl saw her opportunity and took it, and man does she move around a lot in her sleep.  I was up half the night rearranging covers and feeling around to see where she was so she didn't fall out of bed.

A quick picture of my girl sleeping on me this weekend.  She always sleeps so well when I hold her.  Not sure how long we're going to be able to do that, so I usually get one good one in a weekend.
Now...on to the birthday.
We made cupcakes on Saturday and got them all frosted up on Sunday morning.  Sawyer kept declaring that this would be the best birthday ever.  She had made "presents" for Mark from everyone in the family, which included a pen, some crayons, a picture, etc.  She laid these all out in front of the fire place so Mark could open them immediately upon getting home.

Working away... 
 A close up - working the sprinkles...
 Putting some food coloring in the frosting b/c Dad requested green frosting...
Here we are with the finished product, singing Happy Birthday.  I love Margot in this picture - she's staring at Sawyer singing.
And a view of the other side of the table as Mark blew out the candles.  They took a collective breath too...
 Before we got to cupcakes though, we hit up the park and a little lunch out.  I brought the camera, and so in no particular order, simply because it will take me too long to arrange them, here's the pictures from our day.
I just read an article that said mom's need to insert themselves in more pictures, so here goes.
 Hanging at the top of the tower
 I just can't get enough of this girl - her cheeks are lusciously big but firm and I just love to kiss them
She's been to the swings a few times with Mark, but it was the first time I got to see her and she gave me some good smiles.
A few cuddles with Dad
Love this one of Isla and Mark - I have to say her hair is the best in the sun.  I'm starting to think the blond might stick for her - her eyebrows have lightened (apparently a tell tale sign).
Both girls love the monkey bars.  Sawyer can go all the way across and is so proud of herself
 Isla prefers just to swing back and forth on one.
And finally on a side note, we've been working through all the crafts Sawyer got for her birthday and this has been a fan favorite.  A big thank you to Aunt Ann because Sawyer loves painting these pictures.  She's not great at patiently waiting the 24 hours till they dry and can go on the window, but loves looking at the result.
So hopefully when Mark looks through all these pictures he says the same thing Sawyer did, "it was the best birthday ever", at least until next year.

No comments: