These pictures will be mostly dedicated to our new 1 year old. It's pretty hard to believe we're already a year on. Margot is a dead ringer for her sister Sawyer at that age, though with less cheek. She thinks she's older than she is - believing she can do anything her sisters do...and she does not appreciate when someone tells her no. She still has no teeth, and says very few words - mama and dada - but typically only when she's distressed; and Quack and Yea seem to also be on the list. She understands a ton more words than she says - usually anything we say actually. She loves to go outside, take baths, eat, have a bottle...and knows what we're talking about when we say it. She's also been big into her water table lately - she's gone through two outfits today playing with it - drenching herself from head to toe.
We made our way over to Michigan for the day to celebrate Charlie and Ben's birthdays and lucked out with an amazing day. Since the party was on Margie's birthday we made sure to bring a special outfit and cake and she looked SO cute.
Here she is hanging out with Grandpa and Murphy. Margot is our first child who is not immediately afraid of dogs. I am now convinced this is a nature things vs. nurture. At the same age, Sawyer would have started screaming with terror.
This girl somehow lasted all afternoon with no nap. Needless to say there were lots of long naps today.Dancing with her Daddy
Here she is with her special cake, which is about 3x as big as I thought it'd be. Thankfully I only paid $5 for it because she had next to none of it. I think she was more interested in the ice cream that Aunt Ann gave her.
Mark did get her to eat some of the frosting, which she proceeded to wipe on me...was still worth it to get this girl her own cake
Not to be left out, the rest of the kids all had a great time at the party. Charlie, Ben, Sawyer and Isla got along wonderfully and played the day away. There was lots of running around outside and inside, there was a craft project, an egg hunt, and lots of presents. Here are Sawyer and Isla checking out the haul they got from their eggs.
I don't put pictures of the boys on here so there's plenty of pictures I'm leaving off. Turns out I don't have a single picture of Sawyer without one of her cousins in it, which I'd say is the sign of a good day. So I'll share the two that I do have of Isla. First, snuggling with George.
And second, noshing on some cake
All in all was a great day. We hopped in the car late afternoon and were back at our house in time to pick up dinner, give baths and try to get everyone in bed.
Today was all about projects for us. Kids caught up on sleep and Mark and I caught up on housework - he finished painting the pergola and did some landscape work while I weeded a ton of that landscaping and got the grocery shopping done. I'm not giving it justice, but suffice it to say that both of us are very sore right now and looking forward to a comfy bed.
And with that, I'll leave you with one last picture of our birthday girl. More pics to come as we put together her push car from G&G Harris today. I am sure that will get lots of use tomorrow, as well as the new bathing suit from G&G Wallace because we're going to hit up the pool tomorrow too.
No comments:
Post a Comment