Isla decided to check out the balance bike. Mark got this for Sawyer to start practicing with no training wheels. It has no pedals so she just coasts along the sidewalk balancing. Sawyer is really good at it. Isla didn't take it off the driveway but was more than happy to pose.
And more posing...
Both girls when they play outside tend to wear their helmets the whole time because they are on/off their bikes. So it is rare if they are in the front yard that we'd get a picture without them on.
We do have a rule that they can't be in the front yard without one of us with them, so you'll often find Mark and I in one of these chairs reading or watching them play. They've really started to test this rule though and want to go out whenever, without always telling us they're going. In theory I wish I felt comfortable with this, but there's too many crazies in the world and these girls are too young.
You can see over the course of the week it got warmer and warmer. Margot loves to be outside too, and is so jealous of all the toys her sisters get to ride.
This rock and roll baby has us pushing her along on the scooters. She's pretty darn good at holding on.
And not to be left out, if Margot is on a scooter, then Isla needs to do the same.
A few funny pictures of Margot - she always grabs for Caroline's glasses so we had some fun putting them on her and I grabbed the camera quick
Photo session interrupted by the fact that her bottle was ready...
But then we combined the bottle with the glasses.
It's been a pretty quiet weekend. We had brunch in town, walked through the farmer's market, took a walk/bike ride, got a run in...all good stuff. I got many wonderful cards for Mother's Day though I have to say our children go from being lovely to highly challenging in the span of about 3 seconds. Today while out on a walk/bike ride Sawyer got mad that Isla took the lead. Isla was ahead of her on the sidewalk and Sawyer started screaming, speeding after her. Just as she was about to catch up she realized she didn't have space on the sidewalk to pass, and there was no grass option. This resulted in her running her bike off the sidewalk, narrowly missing a tree, and falling off her bike in a fit of crying. She proceeded to cry the whole way home - while I pushed the bike the six blocks home. Was super fun. After that she had a nice long break in her room, and was far better the rest of the day.
Hanging out on the sleeping bags
While Margot ate dinner at the table with us, she preferred to go sit with her sisters and share Isla's dinner
And finally just a few of our poser. Seriously, someone tell me how a girl can be so sweet and so salty all at once. She did tell me that she hated me for the first time on Friday night. I don't remember why, but Mark and Caroline were there for it. I'm sure I said she couldn't have dessert or something. On the flip side, she was so nice tonight. We laid in bed and she read Hop on Pop to me. I was very impressed with her reading skills. There were probably 5-10 words she didn't know, but she did great otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment