Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Rambling...
I had planned to do a post yesterday as I was at home with Sawyer because daycare was closed for Martin Luther King. Unfortunately my computer got a virus or two, and was in the off position most of the day...and is now in the hands of our tech people. So i'm on at our company's computer bank hanging out until the thing is fixed and while I have time thought I'd ramble a bit. Bummer. I do not like when technology fails me though it did force me to have a relatively computer-free weekend which I did enjoy.
Sawyer started to get better on Saturday once the antibiotics kicked in. She slept like a champ both day and night and is now her old self and back at school. It's officially been one week since she was last there which probably explains why she's gotten very clingy to Mark and I. But fever is gone, a lot of the congestion is gone, and the awful hacking cough is all but gone too.
Since she started feeling better we even got quite a lot done this weekend. We did a bunch of shopping to catch sales on next years clothes. I do love Gap Kids - 55% of the already onsale items. My total bill was $38 and I scored some stuff for now, Florida, and next winter. Sawyer even got a beautiful Christmas dress for next year that is bright Teal and Purple. Sounds weird I know, but it's very festive. That was the most expensive items at $8.50. We hit up a number of other stores, and while we were out took Sawyer to the pet store, which was right next to where we went to lunch. I think she entertained a number of the pet owners who had their dogs with them because as soon as we walked in she started saying "DAAAAHHHH" which is how she says dog in such an animated and happy way. She also saw fish, birds, turtles, mice, and hamsters. The hamsters she kept "mooing" at because they were black and white which I thought was pretty funny. All in all, an entertaining 15 minute side-trip to the pet store.
What I'm most proud of myself for though is the organizing I did of Sawyer's clothes...and my god does she have a lot. I've had two large bins full of clothes from when she was born and never really went through to see what needed to be given away or kept. We kept almost everything, but she did manage to ruin a few things. So now everything is better organized by size in the bins, and ready to be put into our storage space we'll be getting this Spring. It did make me somewhat sad to see all the tiny tiny clothes - I would love if we have another girl someday so she can wear these clothes as well. Though going through the bin also made me think I could probably not find out boy/girl for our next child because I have so many tiny white onesies any kid could live in those for the first month. Something we'll have to think about down the line.
The other thing I have going on this week is doctor appts. I went to the eye doctor today to test my lasik procedure. I am 20/15 in one eye and 20/25 in the other. If the bad eye (which isn't all that bad) doesn't improve they'll do a little touch up so i'm hopefully 20/15 in each eye which is pretty much awesome. Will find out mid-February what the decision is either way. I also go to the foot doctor tomorrow for ANOTHER xray. Overall I'm not healing as fast as I should, but since Friday can now wear supportive shoes and ditch my boot which is nice. Fingers crossed I'll be able to walk/exercise soon....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment