It's been a while since I last posted - we spent the last week in Buffalo celebrating Christmas and New Years, and came home just a few days ago. It was quite a whirlwind with the first five days straight full of activities/family parties. I thought of posting while in Buffalo when things finally settled down but the heart just hasn't been in it. It still isn't (I'm feeling lazy) but I'll do my best to share the amazing time we had on the holidays with you. I've decided to use a lot of pictures, which will hopefully tell the story for me. First thing to come to mind - Christmas - the main event. While she still doesn't fully get it, Christmas was fun this year because Sawyer is a very animated child. She also got incredibly spoiled by her aunts. This is her checking things out.

Posing with her flower - flower is one of her favorite words to say...

Looking at her flower - because I happen to like this picture a lot...

Playing with her dolls (she got 4 of them!) and stroller. Throughout the week this was a popular toy, and she came to like being put in the stroller and raced around the house herself. Since we've gotten home, she's taken to these dolls. She will stand and hold one of them rocking back and forth with it. Sometimes it sounds like she's singing, but I can't tell for sure.

Overall Sawyer was just more involved in the gift opening which made it more fun for me. This is her checking out her new Barney DVD - which we have already watched and danced to twice.

All in all, Daddy caught our happy girl on camera when all was said and done.

We spent a lot of time this week with various family members. Sawyer was initially a bit skeptical but warmed up to everyone. This was the staring contest her and her uncle Jon had the first day we were there. It went on for awhile - i'm not sure who turned away first. She also learned to say most of the names - Aatie, Ry Ry, Sha, Shell, Jon. We think she knows Aidan and Luke now from the picture they sent us, but unfortunately didn't get to spend as much time with them or Mark/Jen due to the family being sick most of our trip :(.

We also got to see some friends - including Jack! The Saxe family came over and we all hung out, and Jack and I spent some time hanging on the floor together. This kid loves his tummy time, and is a really good hugger. Sawyer and Jack didn't so much hang together - but hopefully we'll see them in Columbus this spring and that will change as he gets older. Sawyer did get REALLY jealous whenever I held Jack and would start crying. It was mildly funny - girl does not like to share.

We also spent some time just hanging out at Katie and Ryan's house. They were amazing hosts to us, and we LOVED their new house...I went to the movies one afternoon and came home to find this little one running around. Her Dad had taken off her new jean overalls and was letting her run just before bed. The outfit was too funny as when her slippers are pulled up they go almost to her knees and looked like leg warmers. She was SO happy and goofy that night we snapped a quick shot.

We came home on New Years Day as the flights were cheapest when I booked. I didn't think it would be crowded but our flight was totally sold out. Sawyer was not great on the flight - she didn't cry really, but was so fidgety and just overall a bit annoying. We were extremely happy when we landed, and got all those bags home. Sawyer played for not even 30 minutes before she was in bed - exhausted. She slept 13 hours both Friday and Saturday nights...recovering from all her family time. Since home, she's been playing with all her new toys - basically destroying our family room with toys each day. She has taken to her new doctor kit - she knows what the shot is, and that she gives it to you in the arm. She puts the blood pressure cuff around her arm and carries it around to let us pump it for her, and will even put the stethoscope on her ears to listen.

Other than that, she's been running around all day. Sawyer's speaking continues to amaze me every day - she has so many words i've stopped writing them down. Pretty much anything we ask her she tries to repeat. She's truly a mimic. Probably the hardest one she learned today was applesauce. On a side note, Sawyer got the outfit below from her Aunt Ann/Uncle Ted/Cousin Charlie for her birthday and it was a bit long so we waited a bit to wear. It fits perfect now, and is so cute on her...even got a compliment on it at lunch today. While we were away we found out that we're going to have another nephew for Sawyer to hang with come May, which I know made Ann & Ted really happy when they found out. Congrats guys!

The last piece to this whole puzzle was the decorations. I am SO glad we came home Friday because Saturday was spent cleaning, doing laundry, and putting away all the Christmas decor. Christmas 2009 is officially over at the Harris household. Sawyer is happy because she now has access to the drapes again, and has spent a good amount of time hiding behind them, and coming out from underneath them. So darn cute when she does it as it's the biggest smile you'd ever see on this one. And our parting shot for this post - Sawyer with her shades. While I was not fast enough to get the shot with them on, I am officially counting down to our Florida vacation in March because the FREEZING cold weather is here to stay in Chicago. Sawyer concurs.

No comments:
Post a Comment