
This weekend we got a special visit from Ann, Ted & Charlie and Sawyer was oh so excited. We all went to the aquarium together and I think Mark put it best when he said that he considered the aquarium a mild success. We were probably only there 1.5 hours, though did see quite a bit, including the dolphins, whales, and sharks which I enjoyed. I say mild success because Sawyer was kind of a spaz while we were there - she wanted to basically just run - which is difficult in a crowded aquarium when the rest of us actually want to see things. Don't know if she's starting to feel that cooped up winter feeling, but perhaps we'll have to take her back to the mall again soon so she can get it all out of her system. Despite that, in between her springs, she did seem to lke seeing the animals.

On the other hand our man Charlie was better behaved and allowed Ted to carry him throughout most of the aquarium to see the animals. He definitely put his cousin to shame. Most of our pictures are actually of Charlie as a result since Sawyer wouldn't sit still - this is our favorite one of him sitting on the turtle.

I do believe that both Charlie and Sawyer probably had more fun together just hanging out at our place though. They were able to just run around and play with the toys - finally at an age where they're starting to play better with each other. Mark snapped this quick picture of the two of them sitting together.

We spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out. I did a fair amount of cooking - french onion soup, bean dip, beef tenderloin, potato casserole, brownies etc. This was the first time in awhile i really felt like cooking so it was good. My beef tenderloin took a little longer than i expected to cook so I treated Sawyer to a few oreos before dinner. I know - not the best pre-dinner snack but turns out she loved them! They had quite an impact on her - girl was a maniac after dinner, rocking out to the music on the Grammys. She has since crashed and is now in bed. Let's hope it's for the full night because she hasn't slept well Friday or Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment