Monday, December 22, 2008

First Word

Sawyer said her first word(!) - we've had the news on a lot these days and all of a sudden she just bust out with "Blagojevich". I mean I've always said she's advanced, but wow. Clearly she's been following the corruption scandal of our dear governor. Ok I'm just kidding, but not much going on here to report on. Mark is giving Sawyer a bottle right now before she goes to bed, and we're watching the Bears game. I don't understand why anyone would go to the Bears game tonight - the thermometer in the car actually said -1 earlier today and was -30 yesterday with wind chill. Although it hasn't snowed since early Sunday morning, which is nice - I am just not a big enough fan to consider hanging outside right now. Tomorrow is Sawyer's first portrait session so we're hitting up JCPenneys. I called a Portrait Studio in the city that looked like the ones you see in the malls. The guy told me that their main package for a sitting and pictures was $400!...but I could get their smallest package for $175. Do people actually spend that each time they need photos? If I go four times for her first year, which I was planning, I'm damn near a mortgage payment. She's cute, but I'm pretty sure it isn't going to take $400 for me to document that. Enough of my rambling, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow - we tried on her outfit yesterday and I have to say I thought she looked adorable.

No comments: