Thursday, December 4, 2008
Nasty Rash
So Sawyer has had a little rash under her neck (because she has lots of rolls), and so on Monday the Dr prescribed a special ointment for her. Turns out the ointment has caused this rash to spread to her cheeks, behind her ears, all around her neck, and now down her belly and back. It's totally disgusting. For the last three days I have been trying to keep it dry, so three times a day I change her outfit, clean the rash, and then do a whole powder and lotion routine...kept getting worse...So we ended up calling our Dr and he had us come in tonight. I really love our Dr & doctor's office - in addition to being open 7 days a week, our doctor wants me to call him tomorrow to see if there is any change. I know we pay him but he's just nice. We are now trying option #2 to see if it will help as I'm told it's turned into an extreme case of excema. If this doesn't work Sawyer will be seeing a dermatologist before the ripe age of 3 months. I'm hoping this works because to be honest I'm tired. Sawyer isn't eating or sleeping like normal this week, and has needed to be held quite a bit more than normal. I enjoy holding her but it does not leave a lot of time to get things done and it's a little awkward because she's covered in this goop. Because the last three days of this kind of drove me crazy, we headed to the suburbs today to do some shopping at an actual mall. I have now finished all our Christmas shopping. I'm pretty sure I'm losing my mind though because upon leaving the mall I went down the wrong aisle and became convinced that our car was stolen. Now the mall was pretty crowded, so how a thief would have decided to choose my car out of these massive rows seemed odd to me, but I was convinced it could happen. So there I am outside Macy's kind of freaking out, carrying a bunch of bags, and pushing our stroller with Sawyer completely covered due to the cold wind- up and down the same aisle thinking maybe our car will appear where I thought it should be. I can only imagine what the people driving past me thought. I actually considered calling the cops, but thankfully decided to try the aisle over before doing so. Yes - our car was there. Crisis averted but I am a complete idiot. Lauren - if you're reading this - all I could think of afterwards was my similar freakout in St Louis...had a nice little laugh in the car about that as I was driving home...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment