Tuesday, January 20, 2009

4 Months Old

Sawyer is 4 months old this week, and getting so big. Mark took her to the Doctor yesterday while he was home with her for Martin Luther King Day. Our little chunky monkey weighed in at 14 lb 10 oz and is 24 3/4 inches long. She's 75% for her age which I think is good...oddly her head is still at the 50% mark. It's so funny to me that she has a small head because all people see are her cheeks. Anyway - i love the rolls she has. Sawyer has been rolling over a few more times, although we still haven't gotten it on video. She loves to stand up pretty much all the time, and although she's not yet sleeping through the night we are getting closer. She sleeps from 7/7:30 - 4am and then 4:30am - 8am after she has eaten. I'm pretty sure that we are going to start giving her some rice cereal soon as she seems to have such an interest in food. We have a plastic spoon that she loves to play with and put in her mouth - although everything goes in her mouth. But also, when I cook or Mark and I eat/drink she stares and will lick/smack her lips like she wants to try it too. I gave her a few sips of water and super tiny pieces of ice from my glass this weekend and she LOVED it! The ice especially...she got this huge grin on her face everytime i did it. Few other random things I'll post so I don't forget: - Sawyer's favorite song is the Itsy Bitsy Spider. As soon as you start singing it she smiles. - Sawyer laughs whenever anyone sneezes...usually me, because I sneeze a lot. - Sawyer has learned how to suck all the medicine out of a medicine dropper. We give her vitamins in a dropper everyday, and she loves the taste so much. Well I would just give her a little at a time, and she decided that wasn't good enough so now she just slurps it out as soon as it's in her mouth - i don't even have to push the thing. It always makes me laugh when she does it. Other than that - Week 2 at work is going much better than Week 1. Today is Inauguration Day for Obama, as I'm sure everyone knows, so I'm hoping to catch it online while i'm at work, as I'm sure most people will do. People seem so excited, it's such a great thing to see. I watched the "We Are One" concert this weekend on TV and it was very inspiring. Also - Sawyer and I are counting down till Friday when we head off to Buffalo for Katie's shower and Mark goes to Michigan. Can't wait to see Grandma and Grandpa.

No comments: