Friday, January 16, 2009

First Week at Work - Really?

That's my question - really? My first week back at work has been eventful to say the least. I know I'm partly to blame - deciding to go back in mid January, but this week has not been without its challenges:
  • 1+ feet of snow (mainly just makes the commute longer)
  • Extremely cold temperatures (-40 degrees F)
  • Mark out of town for two days for work
  • Day Care closed two days for extreme temps
  • Day Care drop off coinciding with a can't miss work call (on one of the 3 days it was open and mark out of town)
  • Sawyer's possibly getting her first cold - just congested breathing right now

I'm pretty sure that someone, somewhere is laughing at me, as if i thought this whole balancing act would be easy. I'm trying to laugh at myself, but I'm very excited that it's Friday and we get to try this whole thing all over again next week. I hope next week goes a bit smoother, otherwise I'm going to step up my lottery playing.

Other than that, Sawyer is getting so big I can hardly believe it. She is sitting next to me right now babbling away. I love that she makes no sense and I can't understand what she's saying, but for one minute I'd love it if I could flip a switch to see what she's saying. Sawyer is going to the Doctor on Monday for her 4 month appt and we are curious to see how much she weighs and how tall she is. I feel as if she is very tall, but what do I know. I took all her 6 months clothes out of the closet today and washed them because she's starting to shift into the 3-6 months, 6 months clothes. One by one the 3 months clothes are getting put away. It has been funny to put an outfit on that fit a week or two ago, only to find it's now skin tight, or way too short.

I took some pictures of Sawyer today because I was reminded by my friend I have become delinquent. I am anticipating my posts and pictures to decrease (forewarning). I pick Sawyer up from day care at 5:15, and she usually goes to bed around 7 pm now, so there's little to post on, and I just don't think to pick up the camera in that short time period. I'm going to shoot for once or twice a week.

Not a lot planned for us this weekend. The crazy temperatures are supposed to break sometime tonight - and we're expecting a high of 25 tomorrow. We have plans to go to a friend's birthday party tomorrow night. It is our first kid friendly party, so we'll see how it goes. Other than that, our goal is to stay out of the cold. Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: