Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cereal

Sawyer has started waking up twice in the middle of the night to eat, despite getting atleast a 6 oz bottle when she goes to bed at 7p, so we thought we'd try her out on some rice cereal to see if maybe the girl is in a growth spurt and just needs some more calories. I'm pretty sure she has inherited her father's stubbornness because she SCREAMS when we give it to her - the girl does not like change - she did the same thing when we tried to give her some formula. I'm only putting 1 teaspoon of cereal in the bowl, and probably only trying to give her 5-6 tiny spoons with barely anything on them. She stares at the spoon and tries to grab it and opens her mouth, but as soon as it goes in she lets out some loud howls, kicks, and arches her back to get out of the Bumbo chair we sit her in. It's crazy. The best part is she keeps opening her mouth as if she thinks it'll be something different each time. Last night Mark and I figured out that if he pulls her pacifier out, she'll take one spoonful, but we have to put the pacifier back in immediately to prevent her from crying. I'm pretty sure she swallows it well enough because not a lot comes out of her mouth. It just figures I'd have a little drama queen...

No comments: